For fashionistas, summer is the perfect time for wearing short skirts, shorts, midis, maxi dresses, and other breezy clothes. Little girls love to look pretty and buy new cute summer outfits. Girls polka dot dress, stylish jumpsuits for girls and vintage flower girl dress are so pretty they put a smile on the little girl's face. There are many options available in the market but buying a dress that suits all kinds of occasions is quite a challenge.
Summer Dressing Hacks For Girls
Dressing-up for an occasion becomes fun when you know some cool dressing hacks. Outfits for little girls come in numerous colors, designs, styles, lengths, shapes, and prices. Many of them are theme-based to be suitable for any occasion. For example- There are Halloween dresses, St Patrick's Day outfits, holiday dresses, and others.
While finding dresses for little ladies, you may stress out due to too many choices. To ease the stress, you can try some hacks and make the most out of them.
1. Convert A T-shirt Into A Dress
You can convert an old and oversized t-shirt into an adorable summer dress. All you need to do is to follow a few steps.
- Step 1: Wear an oversized t-shirt through neck only and pull it down towards the chest.
- Step 2: Drape the sleeves of the t-shirt around.
- Step 3: Tuck the ends of the sleeves at the back and your dress is ready. Style it with a cape or without, it will look amazing on the little one.
2. Convert A Scarf Into A Dress
You can convert your boring scarf into a fabulous and lightweight vintage flower girl dress, which your little girl may wear on different occasions in summer.
- Step 1: Drape the scarf around your waist, holding it vertically. And, tie a knot.
- Step 2: Bring the edges of the scarf on the upper side to the left-hand shoulder and tie the knot.
- Step 3: Adjust the styling of the scarf accordingly.
The cute and easy scarf dress is perfect for a birthday party or for beach outings.
3. Make A Cute Top From A Short Skirt
A tiny top can be made using a short shirt only by pulling it up. Yes, it is as easy as it sounds and looks cute on a girl. It takes almost no effort to convert a short skirt into a cute top that will look flawless on a little lady.
4. Convert A Man’s Shirt Into A Maxi Dress
Re-purposing old clothes and turning them into cute dresses is not a difficult task. You can easily convert a shirt into a little girl maxi dress. All you need is a sewing machine.
- Step 1: Get the measurement of the dress by placing the old dress on top of the shirt and mark the edges.
- Step 2: Cut the shirt from the market edges.
- Step 3: Sew the edges, leaving the arms hole, neck-line area and the bottom of the cloth.
4. Hack Away Old Pants Into New Shorts
Instead of buying new shorts this summer, try this amazing hack and convert your old boring sweat pants into a new pair of shorts. All you need to do is measure the length of the shorts using an old one and mark the size on the sweat pants. Then, cut the marked edges. Your outfit is ready to slay the summer.
6. Make Sandals Using Sneakers
Summer is approaching and wearing shoes in summer makes foots sweaty. Sweaty feet annoy almost everyone, and kids are very intolerant in nature. In order to get rid of those irritable sweaty feet, you can convert your packed sneakers into airy sandals. You can either cut the heels or the toe part from the top of the shoes to give them a cool look of heel-less or peep-toe sandals.
7. Convert A Woman’s Dress Into A Little Girl's Dress
For this DIY, you need either a halter neck dress or an outfit having straps. The right procedure for re-purposing both the dresses is slightly different from one another. Firstly, check the length of the dress, cut from the bottom to adjust the length, if required. Further, in the case of halter neck dress, just tie the halter neck and then safety pin the back accordingly. For a dress with straps, Just safety pin both the straps from the shoulder and back. Your cute little girl maxi dress is ready to wear.
Don't throw your old clothes into the trash. Styling old clothes to make a different outfit for daily wear is not a difficult task. You just need to be creative and be aware of a few dressing hacks. These were the few easy hacks for turn boring old clothes into new cute summer outfits for little girls.