Getting a perfect body with an ideal weight and having those sculpted muscles is something that everyone desires. Although the common belief is that you need to do exercises with weights, there are several other factors as well that help you to build muscles and melt fats simultaneously. From your cardio workout to number of reps that you do in each move to your nutrition, each and every factor goes a long way in shaping up of your body. Scroll over as we explore how you can attain maximum results involving various exercises and other factors :
To get your body in shape it is important that you do both cardio and weight exercise to melt fats and train muscles at one go. By combining these forms of workouts you will achieve maximum results. You must workout 4 to 5 times week to get optimum results targeting different muscle groups on different day. Aim to do 3 to 5 different exercises in 3 to 5 sets with 8 to 12 reps in each set to increase muscle mass. To simplify the different muscle groups on different days, follow the quick guide below
• Day 1 – Legs
• Day 2 – Chest and triceps
• Day 3 – Biceps and shoulders
• Day 4 – Back
• Day 5 – Abdomen
Include cardio workout of 40 minutes for 4 days a week. Cardio exercises help to warm up your body and eliminate excess calories. Try to do cardio at fast pace with intense exercises twice a week for 20 minutes and 2 times at slow pace for 40 to 45 minutes.
3. Intensity & Break
You don’t need to do 2 hours of exercise or over do your workout, keep it intense and take short breaks of 1 to 1.5 minutes in between the break series. Your workout should pull you out of your comfort point however avoid over doing any workout as it can increase the hormones that destroy the muscles.
The kind of exercises you should perform depends on factors such as your target, body flexibility and your resistance levels. Indulge in complex exercises such as squats, deadlifts, rowing to burn excess fats from your body. These exercises target different muscles group and increase muscle mass. However you should also perform isolation exercises to target different muscle groups.
Your muscles do not grow in the gym, the actually grow later on after your workout when muscle fibres regenerate while resting. It is imperative to get good sleep of 8 to 10 hours once a week to give your body time to recover and prepare for next workout. Make sure that you do not exercise on the rest day.
When it comes to losing fats and muscle building, your nutrition plays an important role. In addition to your exercise routine, make sure your diet provides essential nutrients (proteins, carbs and fats,) to achieve your fitness goals.
• Protein – Proteins are basic nutrients that you need to gain muscle, include 1.5 gram of protein per pound of your body weight. Include milk, meat, eggs and pulses to get sufficient amount proteins.
• Carbs – Although carbs are said to be worse to get a fit body, you will need them provide energy in your body which helps in gaining muscles. Include good sources of carbs in your diet which have low glycemic index. Include whole grain products, sweet potatoes, vegetables and leguminous fruits to get adequate amount of carbs in your body.
• Fats – Fats allow secretion of hormones and absorption of vitamins in the body. Indulge in good sources of fats like olive oil, fish, avocado, nuts and eggs and avoid trans fats that are found in processed foods.
Supplements are essential as they cover up for dietary deficiencies and energise your body for the workout. They help to recover from intense workouts and provide you power and reduce excess fats from your body. However supplements cannot be considered as replacement for nutrients that you should consume in your diet. Make sure supplements provide you proteins, glutamine, omega 3 and amino acids.