If you are looking to pep up your skin instantly, then all you need to do is splash a dash of rose water on your skin. The refreshing properties of rose water will remove the dirt and oil from your face making it appear brighter and smoother. Rose water is an essential ingredient when it comes to your everyday beauty care regime. This magic potion can splashed directly on skin, mixed with other ingredients to clean your skin and it acts as toner to give your skin a shinning glow. Scroll over as we bring you the benefits of this wonder ingredients and ways to rose water for your skin and hair beauty:
1. Rosewater – Benefits
Rosewater has been used as common beauty ingredient from ages and we have grown up seeing it being used at home by our mothers or grannies. Some of the benefits of rose water are
• It helps to restore ph balance of your skin
• The anti inflammatory properties of rosewater makes it perfect to combat itchiness and redness caused in skin due to sun burns and
• Rosewater helps to remove dirt and grime from the skin. It also removes oil and other impurities from skin and helps to prevent acne formation.
• Rosewater is an instant skin coolant and, it hydrates and freshens up your skin instantly.
• The aroma for rose water works as a mood enhancer and relieves stress.
• The antibacterial properties of rose water make it perfect remedy for burns, cuts and wounds.
2. Rose Water As Face Cleanser
To clean your face with rose water, dip a cotton ball in rose water and rub it across your face in circular motions. Rose water cleanses the skin pores leave it fresh all day long. The best part is rose water is so light that it can be used several times a day to freshen up and cool down your face. You can also use rose water to remove makeup. Carry a bottle of rose water with you to keep your skin hydrated.
3. Rose Water As A Skin Toner
To use rosewater as a skin toner, add a inch of camphor to rose water and use it on skin several times a day. This simple remedy prevents pimple and acne formation. You can even apply this solution on the acne directly to reduce inflammation. Combine rosewater with mint water to allow the antibacterial properties of mint work on your skin and prevent acne from spreading. Using these remedy regularly will remove the pimple and acne scars. Keep your skin hydrated by adding honey to rose water.
4. Rose Water to Treat Acne
• To treat the acne marks and pimple spots naturally, prepare a mask using sandalwood powder with rose water. This pack will reduce the marks and help to fade away the spots. Take 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder and add juice of half a lemon and 2 to 3 tablespoons of rosewater and blend well to form a smooth paste. Apply the mask on your face using a brush and let it work on your skin for 15 to 20 minutes. Once dry, wipe it off with wet washcloth and rinse well.
• Alternatively, instead of sandalwood powder, you can also use fuller’s earth. Using this remedy will not only help to fade pimple spots but also remove tan and make your skin appear lighter.
• Mix rose water with camphor, sandalwood oil and sandalwood powder and turmeric powder to remove pimples and pimple spots effectively.
• Dab rose water on heat rashes to cool them off.
• Freeze some rose water in ice tray and use rose water ice cubes to relax and reduce skin inflammation.
5. Remove Blemishes
To remove the blemishes from your skin naturally, use rosewater together with cucumber juice, sandalwood powder and curd,. Apply the pack on face and let it stay on your skin for 1 hour. Rinse well with plain water, this remedy fades away blemishes caused by acne and clears up the skin tone.
6. Radiant Skin
To get a radiant glow on your skin, start your day with a splash of rosewater. This will not freshen up and wake up your skin in the morning but also lighten up your mood as the aroma of rose water relaxes your nerves effectively and relieves stress.
7. Anti Tan Mask
• Rose water effectively removes sun tan and lightens your skin naturally. To use rosewater for sun tan, blend it with pulp of 1 tomato and apply the mask on your face for 10 minutes. Rinse off the mask well and get a fairer tone in your skin.
• Add few basil leaves to rose water and use this concoction to remove the suntan. Wipe your face with this solution few times a day to remove suntan. Keep the solution refrigerated.
• To treat the sun burn and inflammation, make a mask using one banana – mashed, figs –mashed and 2 tablespoons of rosewater. Apply the mask on your face and let it dry for 15 minutes, rinse well and reveal brighter skin tone.
8. Make Your Lips Pink
Rose water is not only soothing when you apply it on face but also works well on your lips. Blend rose water together with dried beetroot powder and apply it your lips, this remedy will make your lips pink, soft and smooth. You can also mix rosewater with glycerine to slough dead skin from your lips.
9. Get Rid Of Dandruff With Rosewater
To remove dandruff from your scalp effectively, grind handful of fenugreek seeds with rose water and glycerine. Blend in to form a paste and apply the paste on the scalp. Let the paste work on your scalp and shampoo your hair after 30 to 40 minutes. The vitamins present in rosewater cure the itchiness caused by dandruff and cool down your scalp. with regular use you will notice you hair will be free from dandruff.
10. Skin Moisturiser
Add a few drops of rose water to your skin moisturiser and apply to your skin. rose water gently nourishes your skin and leaves your skin soft, smooth and glowing. blend in few drops of rose water with body lotion to add radiance to your skin.