When it comes to hair, all women crave to get long, soft and lustrous hair and why not, your hair makes you look attractive and beautiful. There are many factors that impact the health of your hair, some of them being pollution, harmful rays of sun, hormonal imbalances or nutritional deficiencies which make your hair look limp, dry, frizzy and lifeless. This in turn hampers your hair growth. To stimulate the growth of hair, women often spend hours in the hair salons to get their hair treated again and again. However the effects of these treatments may last long.
Instead of spending your time and money in hair clinics, pamper your hair at home with an excellent hair stimulator cinnamon. This superfood is packed with nutrients that restores your hair health and helps to combat dry and frizzy hairs. Cinnamon conditions and nourishes your scalp naturally and helps you to grow your hair. Scroll over to know how cinnamon proves to be a superfood for hair and help you to get longer hair:
1. Cinnamon – Superfood For Your Hair
Cinnamon is common spice that is being used all around the world to add flavour to varios foods and deserts. This nutrient rich ingredient is commonly available in bark or powder form and is being used medicinal purposes as well. The essential vitamins present in cinnamon stimulate your hair growth. Some of the important vitamins that cinnamon contains are
• Vitiamin C – adds shine to your hair.
• Vitamin E- – regenerates the hair cells.
• Vitamin A – restores damaged hairs, prevents split ends.
• Vitamin B1 –keeps your scalp relaxed and calms the nerves.
• Vitamin B2 – Stimulates blood circulation thereby promoting hair growth.
• Vitamin B9 ( Folic Acid ) – Protects hair form harmful effects of sun
• Vitamin B6 – fight and controls dandruff
• Beta-Carotene – prevents hair loss.
• Vitamin K –strengthens your roots
• Vitamin PP – Add shine and lustre to your hair
• Choline – Adds moisture to your scalp.
2. Cinnamon Masque For Hair
While using cinnamon for hair keep in mind
• Do not use cinnamon on your hair – if you have blonde hair colour.
• If you are using cinnamon together with any oil, it is best advised to slightly warm the oil, however do not make it too hot as it can burn your scalp.
• While making the masks blend in the ingredients well, add egg yolks if you have dry hair and egg white for oily hair.
• Never wash your hair with warm water as this will partially cook the eggs and it will be difficult to remove the mess later.
• Always do an allergy test before using cinnamon on your scalp to see if you find any irritation or burning sensation. You can do the test on your wrist or elbow and if you find the ingredients to not suiting your skin then do not use it on your hair.
• Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
• To apply the mask use hair brush or apply using your fingers and massage the mask well in your scalp. Ensure to cover all strands from roots to tips of your hair with the mask.
• Do not leave any mask on your scalp for more than 30 minutes especially if it is made with tangy ingredients like onion juice or clove powders.
3. Cinnamon And Honey Hair Mask
The combination of cinnamon and honey stimulates the hair growth as these two ingredients improve the blood circulation in your scalp. The nutrients present in cinnamon nourish and moisturise your hair making it appear smoother and shinier. To make the mask you will need 3 tablespoons organic honey, 3 tablespoons cinnamon powder, 1 teaspoon coconut oil, 1 teaspoon macadamia oil and 5 drops of cinnamon essential oil. Take coconut oil in a small bowl and melt it by placing it in warm water bowl. Add all the ingredients together and blend it well to form a smooth mask. Apply the mask on your hair and wrap your hair with a shower cap. Leave the mask on for 40 minutes. Rinse of the mask and wash your hair with shampoo. Let your hair dry naturally. the oils used in this mask will rejuvenate your scalp and soften your hair. The proteins present in your mask strengthen your hair and will promote hair growth.
4. Cinnamon Mask For Hair Loss
Cinnamon is a known ingredient to promote hair growth and prevent hair fall. Combining it with olive oil and honey will leave your scalp nourished and hydrated. The chemicals compounds present in cinnamon prevent fungal and bacterial formation in the scalp and thereby prevent hair loss. To make the cinnamon mask for hair loss you will need 5 tablespoons of olive oil, 3 tablespoons of pure honey, 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder and 1/3rd teaspoon of cayenne pepper tincture. Slightly warm up olive oil and add honey to it. Mix well and add the cinnamon powder and cayenne pepper powder. Blend all ingredients to form a smooth paste. Apply the mask on your scalp and on entire hair length from roots to tips. Wear a shower cap and allow it work on your hair for 40 minutes. Wash your hair with a mild shampoo. The active ingredients present in cayenne pepper tincture will stimulate hair follicles and promote hair growth.