Getting flat abs is something that we all desire as it makes us look attractive. We all crunch to get flat tummy and getting there requires a right mix of exercises with right food choices and workout plan that tones up your stomach. Blast off belly fats and get a beach perfect body in 8 weeks by following a 8 weeks workout plan that will sculpt your core and give you a super trim and flat stomach.
Follow a proper diet and cardio exercises while following this abs workout plan to get a firmer tummy. Follow the plan 2 to 3 times week with or without cardio workouts with resistance training:
1. Cardio Workout Before The Workout
Cardio exercises engage your muscles and warm up your body for the workout and increase your heart rate. Some of the best forms of cardio exercises are cycling, swimming, running , jogging, walking and aerobic workouts. These exercises help to burn of the excess calories, increases bone density, helps to get strong heart and lungs, reduces stress, energises your body and improves blood circulation in your body. Follow a 20 to 30 minutes cardio workout thrice a week while following this abs workout plan.
2. Balance Your Diet
It is essential to plan a diet which balances all the essential nutrients required by your body. Often in the urge to lose weight, women tend to under eat, however under eating cannot be justified as healthy eating. A healthy diet does not mean cutting down on food intake, it rather means making healthy choices while eating. Eat a balanced diet that not only cuts on calories but also provides you proteins, good fats, vitamins and minerals essential for your well being. Follow these tips to maximise on your dietary intake
• Calorie Intake – One of the best ways to lose weight is to reduce calorie intake. However this does not mean that go on low density diet. Consume calories based on your current weight and weight loss target and burn of excess calories with a regular workout. Keep in mind that you should not aim to lose more than 2 pounds a week as this will lead to loss of muscle mass. In case you do not lose weight even after regulating your calorie consumption, consider reducing your calorie intake.
• Proteins are essential for building and strengthening your muscles. Include a minimum of 100 grams of proteins in your diet every day.
• Healthy Fats – include healthy fats in your diet to keep your hormones in balance. Healthy fats ensure that your brain functions properly, you gain muscles and lose weight.
• Carbohydrates – Avoid consuming white carbohydrates like refined flours, sugar, white rice or white breads. Instead switch to brown varieties of breads, use wheat flours and include fibre rich foods like oatmeal. Stay away from sugar in all forms, include more of fruits and vegetables and lean meats to lose weight.
3. Abs Workout Plan Week 1 To Week 4
Follow abs workout plan as given here for first four weeks to get a toned up tummy. In the first month of sculpting on your abs focus on following 2 to 3 sets of these exercises :
• Cable Crunch – 2 to 3 sets of 15 to 20 reps
Using a cable station to do the crunches allows you to add weight to add resistance and your abs muscles get engaged making it more effective than your regular crunch. Kneel down on your knees and pull the cable from the pulley and fell the stretch in your abs. crunch your body down and bring your forearms to your knees and try to bring head to the floor. Return to starting position.
• Planks – 2 to 3 Sets With 30 To 60 Seconds Hold
Plank is the best isometric exercise to sculpt your tummy and waist line. This exercise works on your core and improves posture. Lie on your stomach, facing down with legs extended and elbows bent under your shoulders. Keep your feet hip width apart, engage your abs and lift your body keeping your forearms grounded. Ensure your body falls in straight line from heads to toes. Hold the position for 30 to 60 seconds.
• Hanging knee Raise – 2 to 3 sets of 15 to 20 Reps
This exercise targets your lower abs, hips and lower body. Hang from a chin up bar with your arms fully extended and grip the bar with a medium or wide density. Keep your legs straight, raise your legs and form a 90 degree angle with your torso. Breathe out and hold the contraction for 2 to 3 seconds and release. Repeat.
• Dumbbell Side Bends
Stand straight and hold the dumbbell on your left hand and place your right hand on your waist. Keep your feet shoulder width apart, back straight and head up. Bend your body towards the right and breathe in. Return back to starting position. Repeat the movement on left side.
4. Abs Workout Week 5 To Week 8
• Twisting Bench Crunch – 3 to 4 Sets With 20 to 30 Reps
Place a bench in front of your and lie on your back on the floor. Place your feet on the bench and palms clasped at the back of your head. Slowly lift your upper body off the floor and twist your left elbow towards your right knee and feel the stretch on your body. Hold the movement for 1 to 2 seconds and return back to starting position. Repeat on the other side.
• Planks With Feet On Bench – 3 to 4 Sets Of 30 to 60 Seconds Hold
Place your feet on the middle of a bench and extend your body forward with your torso on your forearms and ensure your body is in straight line in plank position and feel the stretch in abs. Hold the position for 30 to 60 seconds and release.
• Sit-Ups With Weights – 3 to 4 Sets With 20 To 30 Reps
To make sit-ups more challenging, add weights in forms of dumbbells or weighted plates. Get your body into sit up position and put the weights close to your chest holding them with your palms. Bend your knees and clutch the weights on your palms and roll your upper body up to your knees. Return back to starting position.
• Wood Chops -– 3 to 4 Sets With 10 To 20 Reps
Get awesome abs with this core strengthening exercise. To do this exercise, you will need a cable machine or a resistance band. Adjust the cable or the band in such a way that handle is at arm’s length over your head. Stand off the side and extend your arms diagonally overhead d. Engage your abs and pull the handles down, across in front of your chest and end the handle next to your opposite hip. Focus on rotating your torso and control the cable and bring the body back to starting position. Follow the exercise on opposite side and repeat.